Elaine Byrne: Dystopian reality of the ASTI leadership
Some of the people who teach Ireland’s children reject the values of compromise, cooperation and conciliation
The ASTI has become infected by Orwellianism. They live in a world bereft of reason. A place called Animal Farm where an all-out war on facts is raged. Welcome to 1984 and the dystopian reality of the ASTI union leadership. They have invented three new rules for their unreasonable industrial dispute.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive