Dublin needs a radical, active plan of regeneration
Dublin's problem is not an excess of open space; on the contrary, it is under-use of its existing developed space
As we approach the centenary of the destruction of the Custom House, then the seat of Ireland’s Local Government Board, by the forces of Dáil Éireann in 1921, it is perhaps time to consider afresh the role the rebuilt Custom House has played in the newly independent Ireland for the last hundred years as the seat of the Department of Local Government, now known as the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive