Dublin City Council is an abject failure as a housing and planning authority
Are we getting value for money from this behemoth which now spends close to €1 billion annually on our behalf?
We have just been told that the requirement for departmental approval for social housing projects with a value of more than €2 million is to be eased to €7 million to encourage local authorities to start building them.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.