We don’t need an inquiry to put an end to rental hellholes. We just need people in local government, from the Minister down, to do their jobs
No one in 21st century Ireland should live in a squalid, bunk-filled hellhole
The words “shocking”, “shameful” and “scandalous” are so often thrown about in public discourse that they sometimes lose their true meaning. But all three apply to the facts uncovered by Thursday’s Prime Time Investigates programme on the subhuman conditions that exist in some darker corners of the private rental market.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.