Watching Trump's White House a white-knuckle ride
Donald Trump’s stranger-than-fiction regime has provided Leo Varadkar with a harsh dose of reality
The firing of Rex Tillerson and the appointment of former CIA chief Mike Pompeo to the position of US secretary of state is hugely significant in a number of ways. It demonstrates that the White House is now in a permanent state of turmoil and that Trump likes it that way.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.