Denis’s error of judgment puts lobbying in the spotlight
Minister Naughten fell foul of the easy access to our politicians these practitioners enjoy
If I were an adviser to Denis O’Brien – and I am not – I would advise him to divest himself of some of his media enterprises as soon as is commercially feasible. Ownership of media assets differs from ownership of plants producing beer or concrete products. O’Brien attracts controversy like a flame attracts moths and so it will continue. The issues in media are pressing and growing, and media plurality is every citizen’s business.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.