Democracy in the US is increasingly fragile under Trump
Both Democrats and Republicans must act now to find credible nominees for the 2020 election.
The very fact that Donald Trump’s Secretary of Defense James Mattis has resigned, joining a long line of discarded Trump appointees, raises the obvious question as to the fitness of Trump to remain in office. The churning in his cabinet appointments demonstrates without doubt that he was and is unsuitable for office and incompetent to discharge his functions as president.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.