A defendant has a right to seek credit for previous good deeds
Ireland rugby captain Rory Best was unfairly vilified when it emerged that he was named as a character witness
Retired Ireland and Ulster rugby player David Fitzpatrick told the court that he had never witnessed Paddy Jackson being violent.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive