Is the decorum of high office slipping away?
In the age of Trump, it’s tempting to believe that dignity has become an outdated concept in politcs
The 45th president of the United States is capable of some phenomenal things. One example of this is how, through his unrestrained daftness, Donald Trump has retrospectively changed how we view the Bush presidency. This is a remarkable feat given how, in the past, the world had grown accustomed to deriding George W Bush. In decades to come, when we reflect on US presidents of the past, we will see that Donald Trump set a new benchmark – a very low one at that.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.