Pat Rabbitte: A decent man is leaving the political stage
Last year’s general election probably came a year too soon for Kenny
Enda Kenny is the longest-serving and most underestimated politician in Ireland. True, he never laid claim to the legacy of either Cicero or Keynes. In fact he is unusual among politicians in being largely without ego. But he is mentally tough, ruthless when necessary, and single-mindedly dedicated to punching in a working week that even confounds his critics.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive