Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it
There is an awkward silence induced by our own insecurities around mortality
Our pub is on a country crossroads on the foot of the scraggly Wicklow hills. My bedroom was above the bar and our kitchen was beneath it. The lives of my six siblings and I were intertwined in the life, and death, of the customers.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.