Data regulator needs to face down Facebook
Ireland’s current ‘soft-touch’ approach to social media giants is worryingly similar to our pre-crash regulation of the banks
The Channel 4 Dispatches investigation of how Facebook moderates content had a whiff of the Irish banking sector pre-2007.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive