Creighton will give FG a coalition option
The TD’s initiative may offer some hope for Fine Gael, despite appearances
The giant Himalayan lily is famous for launching into red-throated trumpet-shaped blooms after several years of growing. These famously fragrant flowers dominate the landscape for a short period, and then die after blooming. But all is not lost. The mother plant leaves behind offsets in the form of underground bulbs, which often grow where the old plant died.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive