Cosgrave’s juvenile stunts take focus off the tax issue
If the Web Summit boss wants to raise a debate about the Irish tax system, he really needs to rethink his strategy
If you’re trying to draw attention to a big issue that merits real debate, it’s best to not try stunts that put the focus all on you. If Web Summit founder Paddy Cosgrave wants us to take seriously his concerns about Ireland’s corporate tax regime, his bizarre actions last week were not ideal.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.