Concussion test has profound implications
A new test to diagnose head injuries pitch-side won’t eradicate the problem, but it could make rugby safer
Normally, previewing a Six Nations tournament would be all about on-field analysis, but given the concussion problem hanging over rugby, the recent breakthrough from a Birmingham University neurological unit may well be of more long-term significance to the sport than who wins the 2019 trophy.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.