COMMENT: Sorry, real Ireland, you're low on list of government priorities
Summer statement ignores quantitative easing that makes our debt affordable, writes Constantin Gurdgiev
After the lavish promises of some €2-3 billion worth of goodies during the elections, the government’s Summer Economic Statement, published today, reads more like a ‘valiant climbdown’ from the political campaigns highs.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive