Coalition time for the unloved and the unforgiven?
Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael may have to finally bury the Civil War hatchet after such grim poll tidings
As Leinster House grinds towards the August holiday there is little comfort for the political parties in today’s Sunday Business Post opinion poll. Fine Gael down, Fianna Fáil down, Labour marginally up, Sinn Féin no change. As the beaches beckon from Kerry to Donegal, only the trusty independents will be building sandcastles. Whether or not their sandcastles are in the air remains to be seen.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive