Coalition must keep banging economic drum
The prospects for the government parties are looking brighter as more and more families feel the benefits of economic recovery
It’s the economy, stupid! The old schmoozer from a town called Hope in the state of Arkansas was right. People will rail against the injustices of the world, real and imagined, but their vote is most likely to be influenced by whether or not they have a few bob in their pocket. Today’s Sunday Business Post/Red C poll bears out that legend. Hope of a different kind may be in sight for the government parties as families start to experience the recovery for themselves.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.