Civil War parties face off in a nervous game of existential poker
As the two big parties circle each other, there is a palpable fear of going in for the kill
This is far from the cock-crow budget that new Taoiseach Leo Varadkar would have ideally liked to introduce. Early risers who pay for everything would have won the lottery if he had his way. Or so Fianna Fáil leader, Micheál Martin, would have us believe. Fianna Fáil influence succeeded in curbing “Fine Gael’s core right-wing impulse”. Naturally we should all be grateful for that.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.