When the chips are down: Tech rat race leaves us exposed
It looks like we may have had a lucky escape with Meltdown and Spectre, but luck always runs out eventually
Whatever else you might say about IT security, as a sector it knows how to coin dramatic terms. Last week saw Meltdown and Spectre become the latest threats to join a list topped by WannaCry last year and Heartbleed in 2014.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive