The carpenter from Carlow who walked through hell
My great-grandfather joined the Dublin Fusiliers and survived a gas attack on Easter Week 1916 which killed 538 Irishmen. He was wounded at Ypres. And when the war ended he never came home
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive