We can’t jeopardise this hard-won surplus
All public servants must help secure our recovery and lay the foundations for lasting growth
A decade ago we lost our economic sovereignty, and our economy plunged into the deepest of crises. The clear lesson learned is that the choices we make as a country have consequences.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive