Cancer cases are hugely undermining the health service
The HSE’s Open Disclosure Policy 2013 was designed specifically to deal with adverse events in a transparent and open manner. The number of troubling cases that have surfaced in recent times suggest that a duty of candour has not become a reality for some patients. All too often, the instinct is to close ranks.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.