Cambridge Analytica ruse lets Facebook off the hook
Liberals are crying foul because Trump beat them with the social media tactics pioneered by Obama
Donald Trump won the presidency of the United States thanks to the deployment of a new and dangerous covert technology of voter persuasion built on Facebook data and developed by a rogue political consultancy called Cambridge Analytica; their actions, and this new technology, threaten the fabric of democracy itself.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive