Brokenshire should have intervened earlier
The North’s secretary of state allowed himself to become a mere spectator in the crisis
James Brokenshire has an unfortunate surname for a man who is presiding over the collapse of the North’s power-sharing executive. The secretary of state for the North, in office for barely seven months, has not exactly covered himself in glory thus far.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.