British paper marks crunch time in Brexit process
Our government must now search for a workable – possibly messy – solution to the border dilemma
The position paper on Brexit, ‘Technical note: temporary customs arrangement’, published by the British government on Thursday, which outlines plans for the transition period and the so-called ‘backstop’, is part of a crab- like crawl towards Brexit. Like everything else associated with the current administration in London, it took an inordinate amount of time to emerge. However, it could mark a decisive point in the Brexit process.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive