Britain’s leadership vacuum and Europe’s vindictiveness make a bad situation worse
For Ireland, Brexit involves huge complications and implications
In the order of importance of real politics, the greatest priorities for England’s two largest parties are their respective leadership struggles. Everything must take second place until it is seen whether Theresa or Andrea emerges as leader of the Tories and until it is seen whether Jeremy or anybody else will emerge on top of the decaying compost heap that used to be the Labour Party. Note that I refer to England’s largest parties. Neither holds sway in the remains of the other kingdoms of Britain – Scotland or Northern Ireland.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive