Britain can no more wriggle out of its Good Friday obligations than it can ditch its queen
I visited Belfast last week in the company of fellow independent members of Seanad Eireann with a view to engaging with a wide spectrum of civil society and political actors. There, I noticed an increasing gulf in perception between those active in civil society and those currently inactive in political society as members of the suspended Assembly.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.