Briefing: FG’s hubris may be Achilles heel as election draws near
Party strategists’ mantra of ‘stability and jobs’ may not be enough to get weaker candidates elected to the Dáil
‘We are on the verge of history” is the verdict of Fine Gael senior party figures as they prepare for the ard fheis next weekend.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.