Brian Keegan: Tax has become a four-letter word
The European Commission may have said ‘unlawful state aid’, but we only heard ‘€13 billion’
Some commentators have suggested that the special sitting of the Dáil last week on appealing the European Commission’s decision in the Apple case achieved nothing. Nobody was persuaded, nobody changed their minds about the rights and wrongs of the Apple debate. After all, the cabinet’s decision had already been taken. Wasn’t this a mere rubber-stamping exercise?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive