Pat Rabbitte: Brexit is poisoning our relations with our neighbours
Irish demands have become a convenient whipping boy for extreme Brexiteers
The poison being injected into the latest phase of the Brexit drama is damaging the good relations between this country and Britain. The extreme Brexiteers and their cheerleaders in the media are no longer content to accuse the EU of “bad faith”, but now assert that the EU is being led by the nose by the Irish. Somehow the Irish government must share the blame for the unbelievable shambles the British government has landed itself in.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive