Brexit is not the only headache for Europe’s politicos
The upcoming European elections are highly likely to see every conceivable stripe of Eurosceptic get elected
Last week, I visited the heartland of the second-largest economy in the world. Driving south out of Frankfurt airport, extensive road works are underway to facilitate electric trucks. Driven by green energy, the plan is well advanced. It doesn’t obviate the necessity for overhead high-voltage transmission lines, which are apparently little-noticed by German citizens.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.