As Brexit approaches, Ireland clings like a limpet to Team EU
Why has there been no serious examination of other alternative strategies?
And so, the phoney war period of Brexit is finally to come to an end. The British prime minister, Theresa May, will trigger Article 50 on Wednesday and then the discussions (hostilities?) can commence. It will mark a watershed moment in the history of Britain, Ireland and the European Union.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive