How to break the Brexit logjam
The EU and Britain have locked horns on the border issue, but there is a way forward
The European Council meeting on December 15 has to decide whether sufficient progress has been made in phase one of the Brexit negotiations (dealing with Britain’s financial contribution, citizens’ rights and the border issue on the island of Ireland) to permit the negotiations to proceed to phase two (the future relationship between the EU27 and Britain).
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive