Brace yourself for an undignified race to the Áras
Seán Gallagher’s opening move has been clever, but he’s likely to be just one of a vast array of candidates
The Presidential election is not formally under way, but with the date set for October 26, the starting gun has been fired. There is already a sense of the flippant about the contest which is out of keeping with the status of the role it aims to fill. While it’s still early days, it’s shaping up to be one of the most unorthodox electoral competitions this country has ever seen.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.