Belfast trial must help to move us towards a tipping point
The casual acceptance of men treating women badly must be challenged each and every time it happens
Unusually, the public didn’t simply wait for the verdict to be reported through the normal channels; large crowds turned up outside the Belfast courts complex as if somehow the case was so challenging and so confounding that people needed to hear the outcome of the case for themselves to make it make sense.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive