Banking inquiry should learn lessons from Britain
Westminster MPs set politics aside when conducting their inquiry
The UK Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards reported in June 2013. As in Ireland, parliamentary inquiries into specific areas of British public policy are rare. The UK banking inquiry was the first such parliamentary probe since the 1913 Marconi inquiry into allegations of insider trading by members of the British cabinet.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.