Bad audits undermine our faith in an entire profession
As the HSE’s director of internal audit, I’ve seen how audit failure leads to a loss of transparency and integrity in results
You have accounts. And then you have audited accounts. They are two entirely different things. The addition of one small word “audited” implies trustworthiness, reliability and confidence. Or rather, it should.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.