The ASTI exists to serve the agendas of older teachers and threw its younger members under a bus
The ASTI is more cuckoo than the workers’ union
The definition of a union is an association formed by people with a common interest or purpose. The Association of Secondary Teachers of Ireland is not a union.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive