Áras race in social media age
Many voters will never see TV or hear radio, preferring instead to catch up on campaign news via their smartphones
Joan Freeman believes she would be able to set up a mini ‘council of state’ for every county in Ireland, so that people could ‘roll up their sleeves’ and do things. Peter Casey is busy calculating how precisely he might be able to ‘join the dots’ between Irish people in Ireland and Irish people abroad, while Liadh Ni Riada said she would meet with the Grand Master of the Orange Order if required because this job is above politics and above her Sinn Féin affiliations.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.