Tom McGurk: An anti-Brexit pact of Northern convenience
Westminster elections in the North are usually little more than sectarian headcounts. Wise alliances could change that
The last thing that the faltering talks process in the North needed was a Westminster general election. One doesn’t have to be a historian to recall how, twice in the past, these elections have destroyed carefully constructed domestic political structures.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive