Amazon’s wind of change still gusting down the high street
The 2008 recession shuttered small-town retailers across Ireland. The tide of technology has kept them closed
Last month saw a flurry of trading reports from retailers on the level of activity in the last quarter of 2018. All eyes were on the trends to emerge from December – the most important month of the year for so many retailers – to see whether the trends that are emerging in changing consumer behaviour are becoming more embedded.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.