A dogfight in middle Ireland is a chance to sniff the political wind
The Carlow Kilkenny by-election on May 22 is the last election test before the General Election. This middle of the road, classic middle Ireland constituency is a template for national political questions.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.