Matt Cooper: 30 things Enda Kenny got right . . . and wrong
Kenny’s time as taoiseach is a curious mixed bag of striking successes and wasted opportunities
It may be bitterly ironic for Kenny, given that the “keep the recovery going” slogan was a 2016 general election disaster for Fine Gael, and emphasised that the electorate either didn’t believe it, credit him for it or care about it. But the history books are likely to remember him for overseeing an extraordinary economic recovery.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive