A-Z of the local elections
There’s a whole alphabet of factors in the current race to win hearts, minds and council seats
There will be almost 1,800 candidates competing for 949 council seats around the country when voters go to the polls on Friday, May 24. Every race is different, but here is a working A to Z guide to the local elections.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.