Will commercial property hike pay off?
Government argues low rate has done its job, but property sector sceptical on revenue estimates
Finance minister Paschal Donohoe’s decision to lift stamp duty on commercial property deals from 2 per cent to 6 per cent has, not surprisingly, attracted much comment from the sector.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive