We must recognise the right to die
There are no easy answers in the right-to-die debate, but people experiencing intense suffering deserve certainty.
Having voted overwhelmingly to support gay marriage, it is easy to forget that Ireland only abolished the offence of ‘buggery’ between consenting adults in 1993.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.