Watchdog: Building surge could spark overheating
Irish Fiscal Advisory Council backs Budget 2018 stance, but calls for further measures to end boom-bust cycle
The state’s budgetary watchdog has warned about the risk of the economy’s overheating in the coming years if construction activity ramps up rapidly in response to the shortage of supply in the housing market.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.