Varadkar warns high income taxes could cost state Brexit jobs
Fine Gael is seeking to increase the point at which the higher income tax rate of 40 per cent is levied
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said that high personal income taxes are holding Ireland back from attracting post-Brexit jobs from London.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.