Varadkar lobbies British leaders to support Irish Rugby World Cup bid
Taoiseach hopes to wield influence with decision due this week on hosting of the 2023 finals
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is privately urging British prime minister Theresa May, Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon and Welsh First Minister Carwyn Jones to lend their support to Ireland’s bid for the 2023 Rugby World Cup.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive